Domorela's Blog: Energy Saving
Domorela can help to achieve energy savings in different ways:
- first one is operating as a permanent monitor of the whole installation,
- second one is acting over writable points present at the installation,
- third one is offering tools in order to maintain the whole installation free of errors.
Operating as a permanent monitor of the whole installation
Permanent Monitoring is performed by:
- adding and maintaining values for statistical indicators related to the installation,
- permanently listening the Bus network traffic,
- processing all the updated values received from the Bus,
- collecting measurable data metrics from installation's elements,
- storing all these data metrics as History Records with Time Stamp,
- building graphs by querying Histories of stored data metrics,
- allowing to query Histories from remote systems via API.
Acting over writable points present at the installation
This is done by:
- sending commands through the graphical controls of the Web User Interface,
- using scenes with setpoint values to improve efficiency,
- receiving commands from remote nodes via REST API,
- managing future and periodical conditional tasks,
- automatically reacting to technical alarms (alpha stage).
Maintaining the whole installation free of errors
This is achieved by:
- showing technical alarms related to the installation,
- monitoring the Bus network traffic with Domorela's BusMonitor tool,
- storing all the network traffic from the Bus for long periods of time to allow forensic analysis,
- sending e-mail notifications (alpha stage).